Saturday, January 24, 2009

Intresting


The Batman hesitated. Catwoman was on her face, gripping her side. He had taken her out, but did he have to finish it? She was a woman after all. He hesitated too long.
Her leg lashed out, catching him in the gut. He doubled over, backing away. Catwoman leaped to her feet. "Poor Batman, always the gentleman," she purred. Then she scratched the exposed part of his face, drawing blood. He staggered to the edge of the building. Her lips curved upwards, forming a smug smile, before she punched, sending him over the edge of the building.

Later

Alfred: Everyone has their own weakness, master Bruce

Bruce: Yes, but I always thought it was my secret identity

Alfred: It seems you have found another weakness. One in the Catwoman








To Sherlock Holmes, she was always the woman. He hardly referred to her in any other terms. She had called his ingeniously planned bluff, and then donned a disguise of her own, and followed him back to 221 Baker Street. She was Irene Adler. The end results were the same, the documents were destroyed, but the ego of the greatest detective of all time was sorely bruised. She had outsmarted him at what he did best. The case Scandal in Bohemia will never fade from the memory of Sherlock Holmes.

Several months later


Watson: for god's sake, Holmes, forget the woman, like any sane man would! You're case was still
a success!

Holmes: Tell me, my dear Watson, how does one judge a success?

Watson: I would say that the answer depends on the man, wouldn't it?

Holmes: Quite so, Watson. Need I say more?

Watson: You are saying, that I judge a success by the end result, but you judge success on how you beat your opponent, are you not?

Holmes: Excellent, Watson. You catch on fast.

*pause*

Watson: Why did you not tell me the answer, Holmes? Was it really necessary to riddle me so?

Holmes: The fastest way for a man to understand something, is when he is forced to admit it himself. Otherwise, you would have argued with me, and I would have to debate with you, am I right Watson?

Watson: *sigh* Quite so, Holmes, quite

Holmes: Elementary, my dear Watson...





Above are some sentences that caught my eye. Notice how both the antagonists above are female... (I'm not saying anything...)

I like Alfred, because he is observant, wise, and witty. He just stats the facts, and suddenly things are much clearer. No messing around with possibilities, just straight to the point. And I love his off hand witty remarks. Hilarious!

As for Sherlock Holmes, he's the greatest detective of all time, whats not to like about him!
Read the Holmes/Watson dialogue above...now do you all see why I like Sherlock Holmes?
The guy is a genius!!



No comments: