Sunday, February 1, 2009

Odd...

It happened while I was coming home from church. I was in Uncle J's car, and we were both talking merrily.

Then, as we were on our way, I saw something on road (not on our side, but the road beside us, where cars go the opposite direction). As we drew nearer, I realized it was a motorcycle helmet. Then, as we drove past the helmet, I saw something beside the helmet. It looked like a round bowl standing upright. The inside was white, but, as the bowl-like-thing tilted a bit, I saw the outside: It was light brown, with streaks of red. But due to the fact that the road was a curve, i quickly lost sight of it.

I looked at Uncle J, and asked "Is that the top half of a skull there beside the helmet?"
The response was priceless: Uncle J hit the brakes, causing the car to jolt, and move a lot slower. I saw his eyes widen.
"Are you serious?" he asked, his voice a whisper.

I must have been deathly pale, because his eyes grew bigger, and he did not repeat the question. Instead, he asked me if we should take a U-turn and check it out. I nodded swiftly. He wheeled the car around in the next U-turn, and shot on.

As we neared the curve, Uncle J slowed down, and the both of us kept our eyes on the road. We went along the curve, but this time, we saw nothing. No helmet, no weird bowl/skull-thing.

Uncle J heaved a sigh of relieve. I laughed. The laugh was hollow, and it sounded fake, even to my ears. Uncle J is usually the type of person who would make a comment at something like this and laugh it off, but he took one look at my face and remained silent. I must have looked pretty bad. I knew I probably looked really pale, plus the frowning (the frowning comes when I'm deep in thought), and the pursed lips. Yeah, I think I looked like the scarier version of Lurch from the Adam's Family. Plus, I think Uncle J saw the helmet too...

I could have sworn (I did not, cause Christians aren't supposed to swear) I saw those two things. But seeing is believing, right? I saw nothing on a more closer examination, so there couldn't have been anything......right?



Or
........



.

No comments: